Monday 22 September 2014

Thumbprint Identity

This is my Fingerprint work. I chose purple and blue as the colour of my background because it represents the night sky. I also added some white for the stars. I made the background like the night sky because I love to look at the stars at night. And because I like sleeping.
There is balance because on one half, there's purple, then on the other, blue. And then in the middle is the stars, making a symmetrical balance. Also, there is a lot of white dots to make repetition.
I really love how the colours get darker as it gets further away from the stars, having value. The thing I struggle on while making this is getting the colours blended. I never worked with semi-moisted watercolours before. I only worked with hard watercolours. So it was hard for me to control how much I put. That was my mistake. I should have tested the colours first.
Now the text, I emphasized the "yikes!" to show that I'm really scared of titans. And I love how the last sentence fits perfectly with part of the background being blue if you look closely. Overall, I'm pretty satisfied on how my Fingerprint work came out.

4 comments:

  1. The white dots are pretty

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the colours. It reminds me of winter. the blue looks like snow packed on the ground while the purple looks like the night sky, and the white dots in the middle remind me of snow falling. Very original!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very thoughtful writing!
    Th 4+
    C 4+

    ReplyDelete