Wednesday 24 September 2014

Illustrator Tracing Assignment - Logo

I chose to do the sakura(cherry blossom) because I was listening to a song about it then I started to realize how it connects to me. The cherry blossom only blooms for a very short time. In Japan, this represents that everything don't last forever. You don't get too attached to things because in time, things can change. This is very meaningful to me because it taught me that in time, good things will soon be gone. even the bad ones. So I try to spend as much time as possible with the things that bring me joy while I endure when bad times comes, because like night and day, it will all pass away.

For the logo, I try to outline the petals and all of the center things as accurately as possible. I made the lines thin So the colours can stand out. For the colours, I like it flat because it gives a simple look, which I love the most. But I use darker colours for the buds that were underneath the flower to give it some depth. The font I use is Baskerville Old Face. I'm not sure why I chose that font. It just calls out to me, and I like it.

In Illustrator, I use the pen tool to outline everything, and make layers for each part of the flower and buds. I also like to lock my layers so that I can't touch that particular layer while I work on my other layers. The buds and the petals were easy, but the center of the flower was the most difficult. I have to make layers for parts of the center; one that's in front, and another that's behind it. And then another one of the tips of it so that I can colour it yellow. The one most important thing I learn from Illustrator is when you use the pen tool to make a shape, you have to complete it, otherwise when you colour, it's not going to fill in all the parts because you didn't complete the shape.

I could have used the gradient tool, but I don't think it will look good on this. I might try it again though. I love the colour variations, but my favourite one would the the pink one. I also did this in greyscale and black and white. Overall, I'm happy on how my logo turned out.


Original

My Favourite Colour Choice
Colour Variations



Greyscale
Black and White


No comments:

Post a Comment