Wednesday 29 October 2014

T-shirt Design for the LCI Technological Skills Challenge

In CyberARTS, we have to make a design about the technological stuff that we do in LCI such as the culinary works, cosmetology, auto, wood shop, and CyberARTS.

I got my inspiration when I was looking in Pinterest. I found this image: 



 I took that pattern and thought to myself that I can make icons that represent the technological stuff in LCI.



I sketched a draft in my notebook and then made it in Adobe Illustrator. There was a shape tool where I can make a polygon. This makes it easier to make my design. Then I made the pattern black because it looks simple enough that everyone can wear on a white t-shirt. I made that layer the background. After that, I made the icons in a separate file for each one. Then I copied it to where my pattern is in separate layers for each icon. After that, I made my text in a new layer. I wanted it to look bold so it have emphasis.

After that, I made variations of it in a new file.

I wished I can put more than one colours so I can make more varieties, but only one colour is the rule. I think this design sends out a message about how fun technology can be in LCI. But then I realized that there is nothing that represent LCI other than the text. Maybe I should make a phoenix because that is our animal in LCI. Overall, I'm satisfied with the design because I worked so hard on this.

No comments:

Post a Comment