Wednesday 19 October 2016

5 Portraits

I took all of these photos of my brother outside in the Mimico Centennial Library Park. These were taken at sunset so the lighting was good. It's has a soft looking touch on the subject and the things around it. Most of the photos here are direct sunlight except for the last one. The subject was in a playground tunnel so it's open shade light  These shots also show the park in the background. The theme for this is that I made all of the photos B&W, and that the park was used to make some interesting shots. The conceptual part of the theme is that all of these photos are to tell about a teenager visiting a park that he used to go to when he was a child.

 In this photo, the subject's face has a curious look to it, as he watches something over in the distance. And the pose works well with the background because the bars and his arms lead your eyes up to where his face is. The composition of this photo is nice because he is off-center,and the bar acts as a frame, which is appealing.



In this photo, I like his face because it looks like he's talking with a hint of a smile. Also, his hand pose adds personality to the photo. The composition here is simple. His hand is kind of pointing to his face, which can lead your eyes to it.


In this photo, he is looking straight at you. I like the intensity of his expression on his face. I also like the symmetry with his arms. It goes well with the playground set behind him. The background and his arms gives a solid frame around him which I think is a nice composition.

In this photo, his expression on his face has a gentle look and a little bit of a smile to it, which actually fits him well. The pose is different is different from the others, but I like it because it gives more variety. And the composition is fine because the slide acts as a line that leads your eyes to him.


In this photo, the expression on his face makes him look vulnerable. The pose is different too, because the hand got blurry as it got closer to the camera. In the background, there are graffiti inside the playground tunnel. I feel like that it gives more personality to the photo. And the composition has lines from his arms that lead you to his face. 

Overall, I'm satisfied with these photos and I had fun with my brother while taking these shots.

No comments:

Post a Comment